I volunteered my classroom as the forerunner class for RSP push-in to the mainstream classroom in anticipation of the MTSS pilot program for PVUSD. Based on the results, Ann Soldo Elementary School decided to move forward with being a pilot school for the school district.
MTSS stands for Multi-Tiered System of Supports which is a systemic, continuous improvement framework in which data-based problem-solving and decision making is practiced across all levels of the educational system for supporting students.
I also participated heavily with school-wide implementation of PBIS strategies and changes involving Tiers 1-3.
I eagerly implemented Social and Emotional Learning (SEL) strategies in my classroom by jumping into the Stanford Harmony program before its actual start date. SEL is the process through which children and adults understand and manage emotions, set and achieve positive goals, feel and show empathy for others, establish and maintain positive relationships, and make responsible decisions.
Positive Behavioral Intervention and Supports (PBIS) Team & Committee
In the beginning of the year, I decided I wanted to learn as much as I could about PBIS and how I could better implement its behavioral strategies into my classroom for improving academics. I loved every minutes of it, and the dedication to implementation paid off in spades. My students showed marked improvements.
School Events Committee
I have always loved school events, and it comes as no surprise to those who know me that I would jump in with both feet towards helping my school put on successful events for our student population and their families.
School Media (Facebook)
When my principle asked me to help with the school’s social media presence and evangelizing about our school, I tapped into my technology background. I created and promoted a school Facebook page, and sprinkled it with a little of my technology juju for greater exposure to our community.
- Google Educator Training Level 1 & 2 (online)
- Child Abuse Prevention (PVUSD)
- Bridges Math Trainings (PVUSD)
- Writer’s Workshop (PVUSD)
- Google 101 (PVUSD)
- Virtual Reality/Augmented Reality (PVUSD)
- Stanford Harmony (SEL) (PVUSD)
- MTSS Training (PVUSD)
- Classroom Management Makeover (online)
- Ditch That Textbook Summit (online)
- 5 Steps to Success with Project Based Learning (online)
- The Chromebook Infused Classroom (online)
- Teaching Math with Desmos (online)
- Introduction to Google Forms (online)
- Technology Institute – CODING (PVUSD)
- Technology Institute – ENHANCE THE 4Cs with TECH (PVUSD)