Techquity and Inclusion
Techquity: Creating Learning Environments For Sustainability, Equity and Access
One of the biggest challenges educators face today is providing students with equitable learning opportunities. We must ensure our students are provided a diverse and equitable educational experience, and how technology serves as critical component while incorporating a culturally relevant and cultural responsive pedagogy to any content area.
- Create opportunities to ensure every voice is heard.
- Allow for multiple methods to represent knowledge and understanding. Do not limit evaluations or assessments to one mechanism ie. multiple choice tests.
- Provide guidance and opportunities its for students to make real-life connections between academic content and the local neighborhood, culture, environment and resources.
- Inclusion: encourage and seek out images and stories that provide authentic representations in your classroom curriculum ie. the voices of the non-dominant population.
- Question Formulation Technique (QFT): Allow students to ask questions about other experiences than they might not be seeing in the novel or textbooks.